ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE IN THE PHILIPPINES
COMMUNITY QUARANTINE OVER THE ENTIRE LUZON
Pursuant to the Memorandum from the Executive Secretary of the Office of the President dated 16 March 2020, the public is informed that effective 00:00 (12 a.m.) of 17 March 2020 in Manila (or 9 a.m. of 16 March, Pacific Time) and expiring on 00:00 (12 a.m.) of 13 April 2020 (9 a.m. of 12 April), the following community quarantine over the entire Luzon and further guidelines for the management of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) situation shall be imposed:
- Classes and all school activities in all levels shall be suspended until 14 April 2020 and shall resume on 15 April 20202.
- Mass gatherings shall be prohibited.
- A strict home quarantine shall be observed in all households; movements shall be limited to accessing basic necessities; provision for food and essential health services shall be regulated.
- The Philippine Government’s Executive branch shall implement a work-from-home arrangement. A skeleton force shall be in place, including the military, police, health and emergency frontline services, border control and other critical services.
- Only those private establishments providing basic necessities and such activities related to food, health services and medicine production, banks, power, energy, money transfer services, water and telecommunications, shall be open.
Business Processing Outsourcing establishments and export-oriented industries shall remain in operation, subject to the condition that strict social distancing measures shall be observed, their personnel are provided appropriate temporary accommodation by 18 March 2020 and that a skeleton work force shall be implemented.
Media personnel shall be allowed to travel within the quarantine area, provided that, within 72 hours from the effectivity of the Enhanced Community Quarantine, they shall secure an identification card from the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO).
For purposes of the above, transit to and from the aforementioned establishments anywhere within the area covered by the Enhanced Community Quarantine shall be allowed. Security personnel of such establishments within the quarantine area are also allowed to travel therein.
- Mass public transport facilities shall be suspended.
- Land, air and sea travel shall be restricted.
Outbound passengers intending to depart the Philippines from any of the international airports in Luzon shall be allowed to travel for a period of seventy-two (72) hours from effectivity of the Enhanced Community Quarantine.
Inbound international passengers, in transit upon effectivity of the Enhanced Community Quarantine, shall be allowed entry, subject to applicable quarantine procedures if coming from countries with existing travel restrictions imposed by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emergency Infectious Diseases (IATF) (China, Hong Kong and Macau).
All inbound Filipino citizens including their foreign spouse and children, if any, holders of Permanent Resident Visa, and holders of 9(e) Diplomat Visas issued by the Philippine Government shall be allowed entry, subject to applicable quarantine procedures if coming from countries with existing travel restrictions imposed by the IATF.
Failure to abide by the foregoing guidelines and measures shall be subjected to appropriate action, both criminal and administrative, in accordance with relevant Philippine laws and regulations.
The IATF, together with various offices in the Executive, the Philippine military and national police, shall review the guidelines regularly.